My name is Mario Almeida and I am a PhD/Consultant @Telefonica/Hi-Iberia.
Automating and hacking stuff are my passion, I am a driven person always looking forward to new challenges.
I have not only collaborated with multiple research institutions (NetOS@Cambridge University, the Swedish Institute of Technology, Telefonica Research) but also with consulting (Hi-Iberia) and medium/large open source projects (Hub-of-All-Things, SICS Hadoop).
I am currently undergoing a Phd at UPC in collaboration with Telefonica Research, where I submitted a patent and was part of two innovation projects based on my tech (Parental Control Phone and Cloud Phone, which was attributed a team of programmers and resulted in a functional prototype). Previously I completed the European Master in Distributed Computing (EMDC).
My Tech stack:
- Main OS (Android/Linux)
- Languages (Main: C, java, ruby) – others (scala, erlang, C#/C++, lisp…)
- Frontend techs (ruby rails, scala play, node.js, highcharts, jquery)
- Backend techs (ec2, kubernetes, postgres,..)
- Apache Technologies (Flume, Hive, HDFS, MapReduce/YARN, Zookeeper)
- Performance Benchmarking(PARSEC, NAS, PARAVER, extrae)
- Game Engines and 3D libs (Ogre3D, OpenGl, DirectX,Playn)
- Physics libs (Bullet), Sound libs (OpenAL, irrklang)
- Others (Rasperry, Arduino..)
Its a mix between the reverse of SyShaCK (old nickname in #mIRC) and the inability of my PT colleagues in 10th grade to pronounce it 🙂
Hack-a-lot and conquer the world! 🙂